background


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Working Towards a Goal

It's the new year and time for goal setting, right? I've been struggling to come up with some good goals for the year. A few weeks ago a friend's husband suggested that his wife and I train for a triathlon together. My initial response was "Are you joking?" However, the idea just kept nagging at me. So, I started exploring the idea and just couldn't let it go! I found a great website with free training plans for beginners and I'm off and running, literally! I have 16 weeks to train, and then off to Nanjing for the big race on May 30th. I am so excited! I am a pretty competitive person by nature, just ask anyone who knows me! :) My training schedule has me training in each event twice a week, and working up over 16 weeks to a 800 m swim, 24 km bike ride and 10 km run. I'm supposed to do all that in 2 hours 30 minutes. AGH!!

Today I ran 5.5 km in 40 minutes, so I guess I have some work to do to get ready! Stay posted for updates on my crazy goal!

1 comment:

  1. What a goal, Kitty! I'm in awe. I'll be checking back often to see how it's going. Your motto should be: Anything you can do I can do better! You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete