background


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chinese Doctors

So, this is a short little blurb about something funny that happened to me today at the OB/GYN's office. I went in for my annual female check up. First off, the heat was out, on a cold 35 degree morning, so getting up on that table was a bit chilly. After the visit, the doctor sits down to talk to me about the exam. She says that everything looks normal, except that she couldn't seem to get a location on my IUD. I am starting to hyperventilate at this point... she goes on to say that she had a patient who had 3 children (like me) and due to the looseness of her cervix, the IUD had shifted and she got pregnant. My breathing shifts into overdrive at this point. Then she says "Over the next few months, when you get a chance, you should make an appointment for an ultrasound so we can verify the placement of your IUD."  OK, anyone see anything wrong with this picture???!!! I am thinking, "How about we do that ultrasound NOW?!?!??!" Of course, this is China and I have to make an appointment, not at the front desk where I checked in, but over the phone, for a new appointment to do that.

I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

  1. Over the next couple of months...?!!! Living in China is like camping...everything takes more time, more effort, and you're constantly saying, REALLY??! That's so funny, Kitty. You enjoy that 35 degree exam table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully they won't find a heartbeat with that IUD.

    ReplyDelete