background


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sea Trials

So, I'm copying my sister in law's post (sorry Rebecca). My brother is off to Wisconsin for a business trip and she posted the pros and cons of having a husband gone. I liked the post, so here's my version:

Lee's out on sea trials on a ship he's been working on since August and he'll be gone for nine days. Here's what I like about being a temporary single mom:

1.) We get to eat cereal, pb&j's and Ying's fried rice anytime we want without worrying about setting the table or having more than 2 main courses for dinner.
2.) We get to go to Papa John's for dinner! Lee hates Papa John's Pizza and the kids and I love it!
3.) I can sleep in the middle of the bed with my dog and not run out of covers!

Here's what I hate about Lee being gone:

1.) My best friend's not here to share my day with.
2.) My bed gets lonely really fast without my sweet snoring man on the other side.
3.) No hubby to sit with at church or text with during the third hour of church!
4.) No daddy to tuck in the kids at night, or to waveboard with around the house.

So, while the cat's away, the mice will play - the house will probably get messy, we'll order too much pizza and eat at McDonald's too much... but you know we'll be counting the days down 'til Daddy gets home!

3 comments:

  1. I should totally copy and paste this on my blog...Jeff is out of town too :( We should do pizza tomorrow night together????? Let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really stinks when our spouses are gone, but enjoy the time like it looks like you are!! It'll go by faster than you think if you stay busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should copy and paste this too! Trent is in your neck of the woods and we ARE eating too much pizza and I AM sleeping horribly without him to hog the bed or steal my covers. Can't wait until he gets home at the end of the week. (sniff) Did you see him in church?

    ReplyDelete