background


Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Pictures



We had a great first Christmas in China. Santa Claus paid us a special house call Christmas Eve. We heard some HoHoHoing outside, with some jingle bells a jingling. Santa came in and read us a story and each kid got their own special one on one with the big guy. Of course Christmas Day was filled with all the fun new presents and toys. The kids made a huge mess and wonderful Ing helped us clean it all up. I made ham for dinner and we had two of Lee's coworkers over for dinner. I bought a ham from the import store, then when I started to prepare it, I realized it still had it's skin! I have never, ever purchased a ham with it's rump still attached! By the time I pulled the skin and fat off, I had half a really small ham to cook. Of course it was even smaller when I was done cooking it. A little embarrassing to have a tiny little ham on the table when guests arrive, but the homemade rolls filled in the gaps! But dinner turned out all right and we sat around with our two Greek buddies and played Jenga. The girls got it for Christmas. It was pretty fun playing Jenga with a bunch of engineers. Ally felt pretty successful because she was the only player that didn't make the Jenga tower fall.

1 comment: