background


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Speed Boat Tour in Thailand

I've been waiting to blog part 3 of Thailand because our friends, the Finottos, promised me a disc with their pictures from Thailand. Fabio is a great photographer and I knew he had taken some fantastic pictures that I would love to post. When I opened the disc of pictures tonight, I wasn't disappointed. Fabio has some neat lenses and knows how to do some pretty cool stuff. I am positive that he didn't have the disc ready for me sooner simply because he wanted to edit, clean up and improve on his photos using his fancy computer programs!

One of our favorite things we did in Phuket was a speed boat tour. We left the hotel before 8 am and boarded a speed boat with about 25 other people. We toured around many beautiful islands, including 'James Bond Island', where a famous scene from a James Bond movie was filmed.


The kids had a great day, speeding around on the boat. Gianmarco and Cooper were great buds for the entire trip. Gianmarco is six and Emma is 4, just like Cooper. Those three kids were inseparable!
Cooper and Emma taking it all in.
Cooper and Gianmarco hanging out on the bow.

On our tour, we did some really cool stuff. We motored through some amazing forests, where the trees were growing in the water. I wish we had some better pictures, but if you look closely you can see the amazing root systems.
We had a great time at our first stop, which is James Bond Island. Of course, the guys were most impressed to be there!

Another really neat thing we did was take canoes/sea kayaks on a little tour inside the little inlets of the islands. I really enjoyed this. While we were on the kayaks, we were able to get really close to the shore (where the neat trees are) and due to it being low tide, we got to see walking fish up close!
Here are a few pictures of us in our kayaks/canoes...

We also got to go through some neat caverns:
 Our boat went right through here!
After getting this far into our Speed Boat tour, I think I'll finish up the rest on a separate post. The Muslim village and also the last island we visited were both really interesting and will be better covered in the next post.


2 comments:

  1. I've really loved reading about your trip. Those pictures were well worth the wait! That was one cool island, so many interesting formations. No wonder they used it for a movie. (Not a James Bond trivia buff so I wouldn't know it was one of his movies...but good to know now!) Are you coming to America this summer? If so, be sure to tell me where and for how long!! Would love to see you and get a quick Kitty hug! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Next vacation we are going with the Cannons' and the Finottos'! You guys did the most amazing things---a lot we didn't see. It doesn't sound like it would take much to talk you into another trip!! James Bond island??? Wait 'til I tell my boys what they missed. LOVE these pictures!

    ReplyDelete