background


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What Happens When Mom's Sick For A Week

My kids are such troopers. School got out on Thursday, June 10th and, of course, that's the day that I got sick. They have been so patient and so wonderful about helping me rest and taking good care of their mom. It can get kind of boring, hanging around the house all day with a sick mom. My kiddos made their own lunches, or got Ying to help where necessary. They entertained themselves Saturday. When I finally dragged myself downstairs to catch a taxi to the doctor (Lee had to work), I found tents made of blankets and sheets scattered about the house. I smiled at the kids and was so happy they could take care of themselves more or less.

Cooper was given a pair of hand me down roller blades (we love seconds!). He just recently became OBSESSED with his new skates. Given that our house is wall to wall marble and wood floor, the kids have a pretty good route for skating and riding scooters and wave boards. Here are a few fun pictures of what happens when mom is sick for a week!

The kids' computer is in the kitchen, so we can monitor what's going on. You can't see it very well, but all three are on the computer and at least two of them are wearing roller blades.
Eve had the grand idea to take some bubble wrap they had discovered early and put it on the ground to skate over. Three sets of roller blades make quite a ruckus flying over bubble wrap! I couldn't get a great shot of Ally and Eve because they were going too fast!
What could be better than roller blades in the house AND bubble wrap? Add in a noodle for extra whacking power!

No comments:

Post a Comment