background


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Confessions of a Slacker Mom

Several months ago I triumphantly declared our new and amazing scripture study and FHE habits. I proudly touted that Me and My Family were living righteously, following the light, standing tall.

I stand here today to admit before my beloved friends and family that I, Kitty Cannon, have fallen off the wagon. When did it happen, where did I go wrong? How could I stray so far from the straight and narrow? Where is my Iron Rod and why have I not held tightly to it? Oh, the woes of a fallen women.

As I sit before my computer, listening not to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but to the worldly strains of U2, I vow to do better. I commit to overcome and rejoin the flock. I WILL rededicate myself to my calling of mother and teacher. I WILL SURVIVE!!! (wait, that's not quite right is it?) :)

We are gonna pick ourselves up from the dusty ground upon which we've fallen and we are gonna make our way through the mists of darkness and start reading our scriptures again! We ARE going to have Family Home Evening this week!


Stay tuned for more from The Trials and Tribulations of a Fallen Mormon Mom.

3 comments:

  1. You're so cute Kitty! At least you are an HONEST mom. We definitely all have our "times" where we fall off the wagon. You are steadfast in plenty of other areas. Made for a funny blog though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I am so excited to see you in 2 weeks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete