background


Thursday, May 6, 2010

A beautiful spring morning in Shanghai

I am SOOOOO happy! Spring is finally here! We've been waiting and waiting and waiting and finally it came! Cooper and I shared a great start to a perfect spring day. We started the day out by walking daddy to the front of the neighborhood, where he waits for the van that takes him to work each day. It is very normal here for one's company to provide transportation to and from work. So Lee rides in a van with several other men each day to work. Anyway, we took Brescia along and she was super excited to get to run free for a little bit. Cooper and I continued on to the vegetable market, which at 7:30 am was a very busy place already. Along the way Cooper found a 'tree', which he insisted on carrying.

I love the fact that Cooper was completely comfortable walking to the market in his flip flops and pajamas. So Cooper and I picked up some vegetables and came home. I took Cooper to school and came home and made a carrot cake for our Relief Society bi-monthly birthday lunch, where we celebrate all the sister's birthdays for those two months. We celebrated May and June birthdays. Happy Birthday to Tracey, Kierston, Cora and Lori! I came home full and happy. I then went to the pool and swam for 40 minutes and am proud to say I swam 1400 meters. :) I was super happy with the achievement (I'm a little tired now!). I came home and tried out a newly found recipe for sweet and sour chicken and it turned out great. Thanks to Chew Yian for her awesome, super yummy and super quick and easy recipe! The family was pleased.

So now, I'm winding down from a great spring day. Lee's offered to be super dad and go pick up the girls from piano lessons and I'm gonna settle down with a good book. Happy May to everyone and I hope you're enjoying spring just as much as we are!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE enjoying spring with you here in Shanghai, and also LOVE that Cooper wears his PJ's like a true Chinese man! Why wouldn't he feel comfortable.....everyone else does it!! Yes, it was a wonderful spring day today enjoying the birthday lunch together, but I am AMAZED you still swam that far after we all indulged on all the yummy food! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper looks ADORABLE in his pjs! I'm impressed with your swimming. Maybe one of these days I'll try that too!

    ReplyDelete