background


Friday, April 30, 2010

Family Hair Cut Night

We have a favorite salon, Lee and I.... Yes, you read right. My HUSBAND has a favorite salon. He also has a favorite massage spa. :) I don't mind the massage spa too much myself. Anyway, we love to go to Head To Toe as often as the pocket book allows. They are a wonderful staff of Chinese who are all very proficient in English. They offer western style services, complete with great top 40's music piped in and Diet Coke and Doritos while you get your pedicure or hair cut. The kids LOVE to go to Head To Toe too. Eve and Ally get their nails painted and Cooper always suckers some cute little Chinese girl into giving him a sucker and painting his thumbnails with cool skulls and cross bones or most recently, the Shanghai Expo mascot:

I was really impressed with the nail tech's ability to fit this guy on Cooper's thumbnail.

Anyway, last night we decided impromptu to get family haircuts. Here are a few before shots:

In China, they do something a little different when you get a shampoo and haircut. First, they wash your hair (of course). But instead of taking you to the sink and having you lay back, they use a bottle of water to add shampoo and water to your hair while you are sitting right there in the haircutting chair. Check it out:


 Ally and Eve both got matching haircuts. We are taking a vote to see if they looked better before or after the haircuts, so Please leave us a comment with your vote on the girls' end product. Here's a picture of the family after the haircuts:

Sorry, I took this one with my iPhone, so it's not so great.
This cute girl has chosen Dani as her Western name. She gave the girls their shampoo. She learned English just by working at the salon. I am very impressed because her English is great! 

We got 4 haircuts, 3 shampoos, and I got eyebrow waxing  all for the grand total of $30! I don't know how we are ever going to come back to the States! 

Don't forget to give us your vote on the girls' hair - there is no wrong answer!

6 comments:

  1. I love the short sassy hair! Wow! Can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Dani and all of women de hao pengyou zai head to toe NIHAO from us!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the after!! It looks like a fun summer cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Eve and Ally's hair! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are just darling no matter how their hair style is cut, but I do have to say they look super adorable with their new doo's! Head to Toe is Heaven in Shanghai!! We are sooooo lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new haircuts on the girls! Lee, yours looks hot too :)

    ReplyDelete