background


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thankful

11+ years ago I married my handsome prince and left the world of unwanted roommates forever. I was SO thankful to never have to share my home with someone I didn't like ever again. For all you previous roommates out there (Tanya, Rebecca, Ernie, Jill, Brian, etc.....) I'm not talking about you.

Likewise, when I got married I left the world of apartment dwelling far, far behind, much to my pleasure. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I ever did live in an apartment.... with the exception of a few months in San Diego before we got married.

Just a few things I'll be thankful for when we move to our new home and leave our apartment forever:
  • A kitchen with a pantry.
  • A dishwasher that doesn't just move the food around, but actually cleans the dishes.
  • Having an eating area big enough that I can get up from the table without moving the table to get out.
  • Not having to store food in my linen closet due to the aforementioned lack of pantry.
  • Not having upstairs neighbors, across the hall neighbors, or sharing a wall with neighbors.
In our new house I will be so thankful for:
  • A safe neighborhood for my kids to ride bikes in.
  • Having enough space to walk without bumping into furniture.
  • Living one mile from the elementary school instead of 10 miles away.
  • Not having groups of random teenagers hanging out near my front door at midnight.
  • A garage, so our bikes don't have to be stored in Cooper's bedroom.
  • Not having to carry groceries from the parking lot to the apartment.
Here's a few extreme luxuries I've missed in China and can't wait to have again in our new home:
  • Water/Ice dispenser in the freezer door
  • Deep freezer for food storage
  • 3 car garage for all our toys
  • A swimming pool in the backyard
  • 2 cars
  • A separate room for an office/guest room.

1 comment:

  1. haha..had to smile that the first important extreme luxury item was ICE. Ah...China changes us, doesn't it. Hope the move and all goes well. (And thanks for blogging!) ai ni.

    ReplyDelete