background


Monday, June 8, 2009

Supermarket Deli in Shanghai

The other day we were preparing for a church picnic. I was at the local grocery store, Carrefour, shopping for the event. If I were Stateside, I would head to the deli, pick out some lunch meat, maybe a potato salad or macaroni salad, and some great bread to make sandwiches with. Instead, I found the following to be completely, utterly unappetizing, so say the least:

Pickled Fish Skin

Seaweed Salad!! Do I have something green stuck in my teeth???

Rotisserie Chicken, Shanghai Style!
Fish Balls, Maybe??


Deli Cart, with made to order Carry-Out
Egg squares, anyone?

Barbecued Chicken, I think...

So, I decided to stick with good old homemade picnic items. We had peanut butter and nutella sanwiches with an American Style pasta salad, and of course, Diet Coke to drink! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment