background


Monday, February 9, 2009

Can You Believe We Made it 10 Years?!!!???

Thursday Feb 5 was our 10 year anniversary. I am humbled and amazed at how quickly 10 years can fly by. The day started out like any other day. 6 am and the alarm clock was ringing. My 7:15 I was snuggled back in my bed for my little 'nap' as I call it. Lee laughs at me, but taking my little nap helps me stay up past 8 pm so Lee and I can hang out after the kids go to bed... I digress, sorry. Anyway, Lee called early in the day to wish me a happy anniversary. He is so much better about dates and birthdays and special occasions than I am. He called a little later to ask if Ally and I could take the scooter or taxi to the subway station for gymnastics. I have to admit to grilling him a little about where he was going. He claimed to be going to the technology shopping area with his boss. I kept saying - "How will you get back before Ing has to go home?"   "Ing gets off at 7 and I don't think you have enough time." Finally I let it go. Lo and behold I came home to these flowers! Amazing! I was floored!




So the next evening Lee took me to a wonderful restaurant for dinner. Dinner was so swanky! Lee was so handsome when he came downstairs that even Ing commented on his good looks! He took me to  "Cucina"  in the Hyatt Regency Hotel on the 56th floor of the Jin Mao building, which is the second tallest building in China.  We had to take a combination of elevators to get there. My ears were popping the whole way up! A handsomely dressed matridee greeted us at the elevator, took our coats and helped us to our table, which was right by the window. We just couldn't stop looking out the window. 




You know you are high up when you are looking down on the Pearl Tower!



We enjoyed a 4 course meal, which I have never done before in my
 life. We had an amazing appetizer plate with foods that I couldn't even describe. This was followed by the pasta - of course I had gnocchi which is my favorite pasta. Lee ordered lasagna, which wasn't quite as good as he hoped. This was followed by lamb chops for Lee. I knew I would be too full so I just helped him with the potatoes. We then each chose our own desert (we usually share). He had... you guessed it, tiramisu! I had amazing chocolate mouse cake with hazelnut ice cream on the side. Totally great meal! We walked off our full tummies on our short walk to the subway. What a lovely evening! I wish I had taken my camera for some pictures, but the camera bag didn't go with my outfit! :) 

This weekend Lee is taking me to Hong Kong for a getaway trip without the kids. I am very excited. To date, I have not done any travelling outside of mainland China since we've been here. We had some friends to dinner last night who lived in Hong Kong before Shanghai and they spent the evening giving us details on the subway system, and where to go and what to do and see. I am so excited. So stay posted for our Hong Kong trip!


1 comment:

  1. Happy 10 years! So glad that you moved here so we could be friends. (I know you thought it was for work experience, living overseas experience...no, it was so we could be friends. Just thought I'd let you know that!) Don't you think that Shanghai is just one of the most beautiful cities?!

    ReplyDelete