background


Thursday, September 11, 2008

Computer Problems SUCK!!!





I am so tired of computer problems! Of course, before we left the US Lee insisted on getting a new computer. He said he didn't want to deal with computer problems in a place where we couldn't communicate effectively. Honestly, I was annoyed, to put it mildly. But, we struck a deal in which I was promised a piano here in Shanghai and he got a new computer and a snazzy new gun safe. So here we are, and I am having the worst computer problems! Now is the part where I have to admit Lee was completely right (I HATE having to do this!). Our household goods are still in customs, even though we have just passed the 2 month mark. Our wonderful new computer is sitting in a container in some port, just taunting me. I have been using Lee's old laptop since we have been here and it died almost a week ago. I am so frustrated and if we had our nice shiny new computer here I can just about guarantee that I wouldn't be without a computer all day. You have no idea how much you rely on your computer until you don't have one anymore. So, here's my tribute to my husband for being so right about the computer issue. Everyone please pray that our household goods will get through customs SOME TIME THIS YEAR!!!! :) I am thankful, however, and especially here where there is so much poverty, to even have this problem to complain about.

Here's a few pictures of the house. The first is a view of the kitchen, followed by the living room. The third picture is our third floor loft, which we affectionately call the "Cultural Hall". We plan on using this room as a guest room, movie room, craft room, toy room, etc. Hence the reference to the all purpose cultural hall! The last picture is a view of our stairs leading up to the second floor. The second floor has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Maybe I will put those pictures in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment