background


Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So I really didn't think I would call China home so soon, but I am so happy to be home! What a wonderful blessing Hawaii was to our family. We had such a phenomenal trip. The beach has always been my end all fantasy trip. I grew up looking forward to our yearly trips to Panama City, Fl and then of course living in Florida was just an everyday wonder to me. So Hawaii was wonderful.

Now, thankfully, we are home and finally settling into our life here. For 6 weeks it felt as though our life were on hold. Searching for an apartment, being in limbo about our visas, having the kids home for the summer, all of these things have made me feel like I was stuck in a holding pattern.... just circling the airport for hours waiting for the go ahead to land. You know how that feels, when you've been onboard that airplane for 4 hours with screaming kids and all you want to do is just land and get home but you can't because a rainstorm has you circling and circling... you can see the airport but you just can't get there... Well, finally we're here!

We finally secured a townhouse and we are moving in tomorrow!!!! I don't think I could put too many exclamation points in that sentence. I went today to do the final walk through with the landlord and realtor. Our realtor arranged for movers to come pack our things and move us to the new place and it's costing less than $50, if you can believe that! Our new place is a 3 story townhome with a nice little backyard for Cooper to run around in. The girls are already talking about getting a puppy. It has 3 bedrooms, which are on the 2nd story, and the third story is one big loft. It is cedar lined, walls, ceiling and floors. It will serve as Lee's workshop, my craft room, and it has a separate little room that is the perfect size for a play room. I know the Lord has blessed us with this apartment. We looked at so many apartments and even put in offers on apartments and had those offers fall through. I never felt at home in any of them, but felt that we didn't have any other options. I know the Lord knew where we needed to be. Two different friends suggested that we look in the Green Hills Complex. When I inquired at the leasing office I was told that there were no units available. Another friend told me to not give up. She put me in touch with a realtor friend of hers who was able to help us find the unit. These units usually rent for 30,000 to 40,000 quai and our budget was only for 20,000 quai. This realtor was able to negotiate the price into our budget! I am so thankful for our Heavenly Father's ever watchful eye. He knows our needs and is loving enough to help us with even the smallest details.

The children started school today. They absolutely love their new school! The teachers are very kind and friendly. The bus drops the kids off just around the corner from our new house. Ally and Eve can hardly wait for tomorrow to go back to school. The school is 45 minutes from the house, so the bus comes early. We will have to get used to getting up early. Ah, summer sleeping in is over!

That's it for today. I'll try to come up with some pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. For some strange reason I can easily picture the layout of your townhome. Funny, eh? I know the Lord is looking out for you and I am glad things seem to be headed off to a smooth start--now that you are really there to stay.

    ReplyDelete