background


Monday, August 11, 2008

Hawaii and the Flight Over




Ok, so I feel like I have won the lottery. I never win anything. Ever. So here we are on an all expense paid trip to Hawaii. It's surreal. My life, like most of us, is filled with constant thoughts of "How much will it cost?" Everytime we head out to dinner we are scrimping and saving and watching the pennies all dinner long. What a glorious feeling to not worry! Again, I feel like I won the lottery!

You might be wondering how this has come to pass... Well, because of some changes to residency visa requirements from the Chinese government, we had to return to our home country to apply for our visas. Hawaii is the closest and least expensive airline ticket to buy, so here we are. The company is covering our hotel, airline tickets, and even meals while we are here. Because of the limited availability of tickets at such short notice, we had to stay for ten days.... I know, we just had to stay for ten days.

So, we are having an amazing time. It's amazing how relaxed everyone is feeling. We are planning a day on the beach today, and during the week we plan on hiking Diamond Head, take a submarine ride, snorkelling, and visiting the Temple visitor's center and the Polynesian Center.

So, I'll end here, and include a picture or two from our plane ride over. BTW, the trip was long but not too bad. Luckily the flight from Korea to Hawaii was overnight and with a little help from Mr. Benadryl, everyone slept for most of the 9 hour flight.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky! My kids get so wired on Benadryl, flying with them is unbearable. I am so sorry you had to go to hawaii!:) Hope it is a blast and you guys enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete