background


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Falling Off the Wagon

I've been doing so good.... I vowed that I wouldn't go crazy this summer eating all the wonderful rich American food that I love so much. I've done pretty well so far. I've maintained some semblance of order, exercising at least 3 times a week. I'm sure one day of freedom won't destroy me for life, but if any one day was my day to splurge, yesterday was it. I started the day with Krispy Kreme Donuts.... my absolute favorite ever. I drove 15 minutes each way just to get to the shop and proceeded to eat 3 on the car ride home. YUMMY!!! I rationalized telling myself that I would have a very healthy lunch FOR SURE. Then, hanging out at the pool while Lee golfed, I overheard a group of families discussing plans to order pizza for lunch. I decided that would be a perfect solution for our lunch needs. So, away I went with 3 pieces of pizza. Where did my self control go? It was perfectly lovely, eating perfectly delicious pizza in my swimsuit, lounging in the sun. OK, strike two. Dinner time rolls around and we decide to treat the kids to Olive Garden because they have been asking since we arrived in the US 5 weeks ago. Can ANYONE eat healthy at Olive Garden? Those breadsticks are to die for, the fettucini alfredo is my all time favorite at Olive Garden.... Steee rike 3!!!! But it was one delicious day, though. :-) Oddly enough, I feel no guilt whatsoever.

3 comments:

  1. the question isn't "can anyone eat healthy at Olive Garden?" but rather, "Is there anything that is remotely authentic and not disgusting at Olive Garden?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you popped in and decided to comment NOW! We LIKE Olive Garden, even if it's not authentic. What about that barbecue crap you like to eat? GAG!

    Love you, Bro!

    ReplyDelete