background


Friday, December 4, 2009

Crafting in China

It's the Christmas season again, and I am happy to report that my yearly tradition of card making is alive and kicking here in China. Last year I went to a friend's house and used all her supplies to make cards. Thanks Melanie Bang for helping out last year! But, she was busy that day and I just sat making cards alone watching Ugly Betty. It was nice, but a little lonely. This year I decided that it just wouldn't do to be all alone making my cards. In the States, every year I would go to a Stamp a Stack with my great friend Jacqui. I miss you Jacqui! So, this year, in honor of Jacqui and all our fun times stamping, I got a small group of friends together to work on cards. Even though we couldn't bring Sonic drinks for each other, I have the good taste to associate with lots of Diet Coke drinkers. We stamped, ate pizza and pasta from Pasta Fresca restaurant, and had a great time talking and laughing. I had a new friend come from PuXi (an hour from where we live). I had never met her before, but we had a blast and I look forward to lots of fun stamping sessions in the future with Catherine.




(Ok, I have to write this. Cooper, who is now 4, just came in totally naked yelling "It's wipey time Mom. I'm done pooping!" then "Mom, did you hear that slurpy sound? That was my poop coming out!" I am totally dying right now and just had to share!)




Anyway, here are some fun pictures from our day. Vanna is the tall brunette from Italy. Maya is the cute Japanese American doll with her sweet little daughter Rhianne. Catherine is our new friend sitting with me and Vanna. We are going to start a monthly crafting club because we had such a great time!

Kitty, Vanna and Catherine

Whew! What a mess!


Maya, Rhianne and Brescia the Dog













2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!! Wish I could have been there to make some cards. As usual I am just buying store bought ones. You have to post some pictures of your new place. Your table seems HUGE!!! Thanks for the sweet potatoe recipe they were delish!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet that i inspired your craft night, I did not make any cards this year at all :(. Wish I was there looks like you had a great time.
    love you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete